Saturday, January 12, 2008

Future Technologies

I have decided to add more technology speak to this blog. As I account for more research in understanding today's trends, I notice more and more the future of technology. I have in particular noticed the importance of these technologies in our future:

  • user generated content (UGC)
  • software as a service (SaaS)
  • mash-up
  • social networking or social communities
  • virtual world
  • search engine optimization (SEO)
  • analytics (BI)
  • location (GIS)

These technologies are inherently disparate, but because of mash-ups they are becoming more integrated and the demand to put their functionality together is great. In the future I will blog about the importance of each one. It is inherently important for companies to make money to include these technologies in their products.

No comments: